Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IT staff needed or not?

• Please log in to reply

hamuod

hamuod

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have currently 75 desktop users and and 8 exch/dc/etc servers , 2 firewalls,2 routers , 14 printers, 50 smart phones, 100 normal phones, 30 ip cameras, 2 storage arrays.

in addition I take care of mobile sims new/suspend/credit limit, backups, testing backups, vpn support to remote users, erp support, keep inventory, wireless connectivity support, talking to vendors, saving cost by buying the best hardware or solution., controlling cost for IT, off office hours support., testing new software,
I just want to know if it will be good decession to get 1 desktop support guy to help me ? currently I am alone doing all this.

Advertisements

KaoticEvil

KaoticEvil

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Sounds like you've got your hands full... I know I wouldn't want to deal with all those machines and devices on my own. Having an extra pair (or two) of hands would most definitely come in handy. Also, as an added bonus, if you come across a particularly difficult problem, it would give you an extra brain and pair of eyes to look at it with, and someone to bounce ideas off.