Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows wont boot after install display driver

black screen windows wont boot display driver amd

• Please log in to reply

Amir Hamidovic

Amir Hamidovic

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hey guys i have problem after installing display driver from amd site..windows wont boot...i mean i get win logo and then just black screen...try lots of tips from internet....reinstaling windows,drivers,different cable etc.as soon i uninstal driver with ddu in safe mode...windows boot normaly on standard vga driver....plssss help am geting fustrated cuz am stuck with this over week now....

specs:

Windows 7 64bit

mobo:Asrock fm2a88x + btc

cpu: amd a10-7850k

gpu:integrated r7 series

ram:ripjaws 16gb(1600)

bios:Latest version 1.8

Edited by Amir Hamidovic, 03 April 2016 - 01:55 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:    Amir Hamidovic,

Do you have a link to the particular driver that you are trying to install.

When you reinstalled Windows did you also reinstall the MBs drivers and starting with the chipset first.

oliverpowell

oliverpowell

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hello Amir,

You need to rebuild BCD (Boot Configuration Data) to troubleshoot this issue. 

Just start your computer and press F8 key repeatedly and choose Repair your computer in lower left corner of the computer screen.

Click on troubleshoot from choose an option screen

Click advance option in troubleshoot window

Open Command Prompt and type the following commands:    

Type BOOTREC /FIXMBR, and then press ENTER.     

Type BOOTREC /FIXBOOT, and then press ENTER.    

Type BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD, and then press ENTER.

Hope this works for you, I recommend you to read this article http://harddrivefix....eath-means.htmlto know more about the unbootable system.

Good Luck!!

Amir Hamidovic

Amir Hamidovic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

:welcome:    Amir Hamidovic,

Do you have a link to the particular driver that you are trying to install.

When you reinstalled Windows did you also reinstall the MBs drivers and starting with the chipset first.

am at work now i try all kind of drivers...even with auto detect tool same thing :(

ofc first i installed chipset from amd site....what u mean mb-s drivers...i install windows,then update win,after that chipset and display driver

Edited by Amir Hamidovic, 05 June 2016 - 12:00 PM.

Amir Hamidovic

Amir Hamidovic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

You can download your computer motherboard drivers from below Url link. You can also use AMD Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver  tool.

"AsRock FM2A88X+ BTC Drives"
http://www.asrock.co...nload&os=Win764

"AMD Driver"
http://support.amd.c...=Windows 7 - 64

already use those..same thing...even on win 10 i have same situation....

Edited by Amir Hamidovic, 05 June 2016 - 12:00 PM.

Amir Hamidovic

Amir Hamidovic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Within Safe Mode programs cannot be uninstall you can run SafeMSI.exe to start Windows Installer from a Safe Mode Windows Installation Service is responsible for the installation and uninstallation procedure. You can then uninstall graphic card driver from "Control Panel --> Programs and Features"

i can uninstal drivers in windows normaly,crimson also....am using amd clean up utility then in safe mode ddu...forget to write what i notice if i run windows in test mode without integrity check driver gpu working fine...somehow windows think that my driver is not digitaly signed