Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows 10 issues

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Forest Farris III

Forest Farris III

• Pip
  • 2 posts

so my friend sold me his new laptop and when doing so he did a factory reset and in doing so the computer re installed windows 10 and got stuck on the install screen well i have no money to take it to a tech in the area and the jump drive download tool thing didnt work so now i have dismounted the hard drive from the laptop and plugged it into my desktop.... i can veiw all of the files and it has the standard windows file folder and the old windows file folder. now i just want it to work. any ideas??

Edited by Forest Farris III, 22 April 2016 - 10:06 PM.

Advertisements

Forest Farris III

Forest Farris III

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

i just realized i may have left out a small detail. the os i am currently running is win 7 on the desktop will that bother the windows 10 hdd