Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chrome Clean up tool

- - - - -

Best Answer Ztruker , 01 June 2016 - 07:59 PM

I wouldn't run it. It says:   This application will scan and remove software that may cause problems with Chrome, such as crashes, unusual startup pages or toolbars, unexpected ads you can't g... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

The old Submariner

The old Submariner

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Hi , can anyone advise me as to why when I try to load Google Chrome Clean Up Tool, I get the following message "The application was unable to start correctly(0xc0000005)"  Click okay and close the application.

I run a pc with Windows 10 and AVG security.  I have tried disabling AVG and then running the program but still get the same message.  I have run AVG PC Tune up which has brought up a few faults but nothing serious.  I know there are many ads online that purport to be able to solve this problem but a/ I don't trust them and b/ they all want wads of cash for the privilege even though they're advertised as free!

The reason I am trying to run the Chrome Clean up tool is because at the moment I am having real problems with Google Chrome, hanging, freezing and generally driving me mad because it can be so slow and then it will ask if I want to wait or reset it. so maybe running the clean up tool may sort out the little gremlins that may be causing it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Graham 

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
✓  Best Answer
I wouldn't run it. It says:

This application will scan and remove software that may cause problems with Chrome, such as crashes, unusual startup pages or toolbars, unexpected ads you can't get rid of, or otherwise changing your browsing experience.

It doesn't say what it will remove. It could remove something you want.

I would completely uninstall Google Chrome: How do I completely uninstall Google Chrome including all its files?

Then download and install the latest version. Be very selective in what add-ons you use. Each one just slows things down.