Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Administrator permission?

- - - - - administrator permission?

• Please log in to reply

Goggleplex-Googleplex

Goggleplex-Googleplex

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Windows 8.1  Why can't I copy or move files on my computer?  I can't access files either!  When I tried to copy a folder, it said, "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this folder"!!!  This is MY computer!  I'm the only user!  Why am I not seen as the admin?  How do I change this?  I'm being prevented from doing what I need to do on MY OWN computer!  If I weren't visually impaired, I'd've gone to Linux a long time ago!

Any help with this will be very much appreciated.  :)

Advertisements

ying2280

ying2280

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the same problem too.. I can't even delete the unwanted file as they need the administrator permission

Herman_Salim

Herman_Salim

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

I have the same problem too.. I can't even delete the unwanted file as they need the administrator permission

Windows 8.1  Why can't I copy or move files on my computer?  I can't access files either!  When I tried to copy a folder, it said, "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this folder"!!!  This is MY computer!  I'm the only user!  Why am I not seen as the admin?  How do I change this?  I'm being prevented from doing what I need to do on MY OWN computer!  If I weren't visually impaired, I'd've gone to Linux a long time ago!

Right Click on your local Hard Drive that contain this Error, Choose Properties.

64055d1455383368-drive-error-checking-wi

TechChronikle+-+0087.jpg

checkdisk%5B5%5D.png?imgmax=800

Click Start and let it Reboot.

MystiqueWolf

MystiqueWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Goggleplex-Googleplex, you have another thread about this case here on Geeks to Go, in case that you read this please post in the other thread not here.

What is that "unwanted file"?