Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer gets slow after connecting to the internet via ethernet

Internet ethernet lag windows 7 help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Gepistik

Gepistik

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

So yeah...

My computer is a windows 7 ultimate i5 4 gb ram gtx 610 2 gb. I have this problem for three months now and not able to find the solution anywhere. I have Kaspersky 2016. So the problem is that the computer boots up, starts, works normal for a few minutes then! it becomes slow. The mouse slow, the keyboard letter typing gets slow, scrolling gets slow, Photoshop paint brush slow, games get slow, everything gets low. But....when i go to adapter settings and disable my Ethernet cable, the computer works just fine like awesome!!!but when i connect it back on, it slows down. I don't know what is causing this problem. I just usually play games or do my school projects but this lag made me turn off this computer for 3 months.(1 month was actually vacations. :P)

I will be so much happy if my problem gets fixed. I think it's some kind of virus or driver problem but who knows? Any help will be appreciated :) Oh yeah and it's a custom built desktop. And while i was typing this, the computer was slow :P

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:   Gepistik,

Tip

To ensure and so that I can see that you will receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

Gepistik

Gepistik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Here: http://speccy.pirifo...zpT2K5UqY62BA5L:D

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hello Gepistik,

Three things of note in your Speccy report, 1: You have Kaspersky 2016 protecting your computer but McAfee Security Scan Component Host Service is also present, were you aware of this, regardless, it should be uninstalled as it could conflict with Kaspersky 2016. 2: Windows is shown to have many failed and missing updates, please check for and install any important updates, one of these could be a fix for a known bug in a previous update. 3: You have high memory usage for a computer not under load, at 73 % usage your computer will slow down, we need to see if this drops after you have addressed NOs 1 and 2 above.

Gepistik

Gepistik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Thx. I will try to get these things done soon :D

Gepistik

Gepistik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

and yea how do i cancel win 10 install?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Thx. I will try to get these things done soon :D

No problem.

and yea how do i cancel win 10 install?

GWX Control Panel by Ultimate Outsider

Gepistik

Gepistik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

should i update to win 10?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Windows 10 is a great OS and most of the earlier problems that it had have been resolved, users that have Ultimate installed qualify for Windows 10 Pro which is what I have and would fully recommend it.

Couple of things you should be aware of;

Any existing OS that qualifies for the free upgrade must itself be fully up to date or Windows 10 will not install.

Once you have upgraded to Windows 10 you can download a Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft which you can use should you ever want to do a clean install of Windows 10.

Gepistik

Gepistik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Phil the problem is that i have a cracked windows. Will that work?

Advertisements

Gepistik

Gepistik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

And yea speccy reports. I installed some optional updates. The only important update was windows 10 update. So

Speccy before the problem: http://speccy.pirifo...Ce538X1Sz427OYQ

Speccy after the problem(slow down): http://speccy.pirifo...Nygjujgv33J0Orr

Hope that help                     

Edited by Gepistik, 30 June 2016 - 11:43 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Phil the problem is that i have a cracked windows. Will that work?

Good that you let us know this before we got any further, bad as it means that we can offer no further assistance while you have cracked software installed, the GTG Terms of Use makes this quite clear and is one good reason why folk should always read them before posting, consider installing a legitimate OS or even a free OS such as Linux and you will most likely find that the present problems will be gone, cracked software is notorious for causing problems, spreading malware and without stating the obvious is illegal.

• The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software or services illegally.

Gepistik

Gepistik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I'm sorry but i don't have control on money. I'm just 13 and my parents won't allow me to buy an OS D:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Do you have the original OS disk and Microsoft product key, if yes, do a full format and reinstall, we are able to help you with this.

As said you could use a free OS such as Linux.

Keep in mind that while you have any cracked software on your computer, we cannot assist you and Windows at some point will stop installing any updates whatsoever putting you at even more risk of malware attack.

Gepistik

Gepistik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Linux......It's not bad but there are a lot of incompatible apps out there

anyways, thx for helping me this far.