Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Crash Related to TCP/IP

• Please log in to reply

GreshK

GreshK

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

I have read many posts similar to this topic, but haven't yet found one that seems to fit my particular issue. Primarily I am interested in help deciphering the minidump files that I have available. I do not have experience using a debugger like windbg, and when attempted did not fare well.  Based on what I can see of the .dmp files, other than the binary, it appears that I have an issue related to tcpip.sys. I am running Windows 7 and using two software programs that communicate over an internal TCP/IP network using FTP (Filezilla). 

Attached are the .dmp files in a zipped folder. 

The problem began occurring recently when I updated one of the programs, but have since backed out to the previous version and am still seeing the issue. I have only included the files for this particular issue. 

I do not have a way to acquire the BSOD image, as I operate the computer remotely. Remote Desktop disconnects as soon as the crash occurs. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Attached Files

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:   GreshK,

We need some info on your hardware and software so please see my canned text for Speccy;

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

Looked at your last three dmps and noted the following;

PROCESS_NAME:  TheSkyX.exe was involved in two of the last three crashes with the third only being named as a System crash which tells us nothing.

IMAGE_NAME:  e1q62x64.sys This is an Intel ethernet driver and was also identified in two out of the three crashes.

mfeavfk01.sy This driver is related to McAfee anti virus and it failed to load in each of your last three crashes that I checked, this could be the cause of conflicts with your internet connection and the software named above, Speccy will hopefully tell us what we need to know, we will wait on the url before going into too much depth atm.

GreshK

GreshK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Hi philpower2, 

Thanks for the help. I wasn't able to use Publish Snapshot to get a URL in speccy, as it produced the error "server name or address could not be resolved". However, I will attach the xml file. Does that work? 

Thank you. 

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

hello GreshK,

XML a no go can you save it as Text and upload it for us please.

You are welcome btw  :)

Edit by phillpower2: having more time I looked at your first three dmps and McAfee is also implicated in each one of those, let us know what AV you are presently running.

GreshK

GreshK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Good morning philpower2,

Here is the speccy text file as well as another minidump file from last night. We are indeed running McAffee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8. 

Happy Fall! 

Edit by phillpower2: Removed Speccy txt file for security, Windows 7 product key was included.

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

McAfee is again showing to be conflicting;

If your AV protection is a paid for product, please make a note of the product key number and then for testing purposes uninstall it using the removal tool here and then download a good free AV protection to see if the problem is solved;

Avast! free from the Authors site option here or MSE from here

NB: In the UK so do not celebrate The Fall or Thanksgiving but to all our extended friends and family in the US Happy Fall one and all  :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Not heard back from you GreshK, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

GreshK

GreshK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

My apologies for the delayed response.I was waiting for an opportunity to test.

I uninstalled McAfee via the control panel and still experienced the attached crash, but had forgotten that you had posted a removal tool that I needed to use. I will follow that instruction and try again. 

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Same two conflicts as mentioned in my reply #2 PROCESS_NAME:  TheSkyX.exe and IMAGE_NAME:  e1q62x64.sys 

Will wait on your update for now, can you try running Speccy again to see if you can copy/paste the url, I had to delete your txt file as it included your Windows product key which someone less scrupulous could take advantage of. 

GreshK

GreshK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I understand what you mean and thank you for removing the text file; however, there is not an internet connection on this computer, it is only connected to a LAN, which means Speccy cannot create a URL as stated here:   http://www.piriform....shooting-speccy 

I had recently installed an update to the software TheSkyX, the involved PROCESS, which was exactly when these issues began. I backed out of the update, but believe that could still be causing some issues. Do you think that is likely? I can uninstall the program and reinstalling it from scratch if necessary. 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
I understand what you mean and thank you for removing the text file; however, there is not an internet connection on this computer, it is only connected to a LAN, which means Speccy cannot create a URL as stated here:   http://www.piriform....shooting-speccy 

Sorry but not sure what you mean as Speccy works equally as well on both Ethernet (LAN) and Wi-Fi connections.

Try uninstalling the TheSkyX program completely and before reinstalling it test the computer to see if it crashes, if it doesn`t, create a new system restore point and only then try reinstalling TheSkyX and again test.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Not heard back from you GreshK, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

GreshK

GreshK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Still working through the issues. I intend to begin working with the company who writes TheSkyX software directly. 

GreshK

GreshK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

TheSky software designer has asked about anything related to the tcpip.sys files. Has that been indicated in any of the dmp files? If so, is it possible to isolate specific tcp/ip traffic and length of time?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

The following two posts contain the info that can be obtained from your crash dmps, you may want to send the software designer a link to this thread and pointing to this particular reply;

:welcome:   GreshK,

We need some info on your hardware and software so please see my canned text for Speccy;

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

Looked at your last three dmps and noted the following;

PROCESS_NAME:  TheSkyX.exe was involved in two of the last three crashes with the third only being named as a System crash which tells us nothing.

IMAGE_NAME:  e1q62x64.sys This is an Intel ethernet driver and was also identified in two out of the three crashes.

mfeavfk01.sy This driver is related to McAfee anti virus and it failed to load in each of your last three crashes that I checked, this could be the cause of conflicts with your internet connection and the software named above, Speccy will hopefully tell us what we need to know, we will wait on the url before going into too much depth atm.

McAfee is again showing to be conflicting;

If your AV protection is a paid for product, please make a note of the product key number and then for testing purposes uninstall it using the removal tool here and then download a good free AV protection to see if the problem is solved;

Avast! free from the Authors site option here or MSE from here

NB: In the UK so do not celebrate The Fall or Thanksgiving but to all our extended friends and family in the US Happy Fall one and all  :thumbsup:

Not much we can do here without knowing if you have run the McAfee removal tool and having the Speccy url so that we can see what Ethernet device and driver you have.