Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to install windows 10? (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer King Quiambao , 25 September 2016 - 08:04 AM

hi so here it is. how i installed windows 10. please correct me if i miss anything  first I downloaded the media creation tool from https://www.microsof...load/windows10/to make a WINDOW... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

King Quiambao

King Quiambao

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I've had a problem with my current windows 10. I can't reset it,none of the cmd commands work.there is always an error everytime i reset or run commands. Being my last resort,i want to re-install windows10(reformat)

However i have some issues:
1.i dont have a key for windows10.
**upgraded from a valid win7 license, but i dont have my license key with me
2.i would like a clean,error free,just like new windows :D so i can start fresh

**i have already copied my personal files to my external drive..it is ok to re-install desktop apps.

Hope someone could help me. :)

Advertisements

chrissymarie

chrissymarie

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Hi king Quiambao you will not need a product key to reinstall Windows 10 Microsoft has a digital record. Do you have media for the installation ? 

King Quiambao

King Quiambao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Chrissymarie.no i dont have the media for installation

chrissymarie

chrissymarie

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

This link will help you get every thing you need for a fresh install. Have you done a install of windows?https://goo.gl/2d3iiy

King Quiambao

King Quiambao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Nope i haven't. May you post steps to follow just to be sure that i won't encounter any errors

chrissymarie

chrissymarie

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

No you should do just fine. With the link is provided for you and this link. You will have everything you need. If you are prompted for a product key just skip. Remember you are digitally activated.https://goo.gl/ySGRUv 

King Quiambao

King Quiambao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Ok thank you very much :) i'll keep you updated :)

chrissymarie

chrissymarie

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

King Quiambao here is a video that might help.https://www.youtube....h?v=lJcXHZc8-So

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hello folks,

Nothing particularly wrong with what has been suggested by chrissymarie King Quiambao but can I suggest that you try something easier first;

Download then run the Windows All in One Repair (free)  from here, disregard the malware guidance but follow the other steps to the letter and in particular ensuring that you first create a new restore point and perform a proper Windows clean boot before running the repair, details for the clean boot here.

Upgrades to Windows 10 on brand name computers are notoriously troublesome and unfortunately nine out of ten times the best and most efficient fix is a clean install of Windows 10, if this is required in your particular predicament may I suggest that before you do the clean install that you download and save the drivers for the MB to a USB thumb drive, after any clean install, install the MBs chipset drivers and test, most modern hardware gets along fine with Windows drivers but not installing a MBs chipset drivers after a clean install can cause folk no end of problems.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Thanks phill, an chrissy,

I could not get the machine to respond to anything and suggested a clean install. I hope windows repair can do something.

http://www.geekstogo...-error-message/

Again thanks both of you...

Joe

Advertisements

King Quiambao

King Quiambao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hello philpower2

The link you sent is for windows xp,vista,7,8 and 8.1 is it the same process for windows 10?

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Yes, just type in the search box:

msconfig

and follow the rest of the directions

regards

paws

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Thanks phill, an chrissy,

I could not get the machine to respond to anything and suggested a clean install. I hope windows repair can do something.

http://www.geekstogo...-error-message/

Again thanks both of you...

Joe

Hi Joe, thanks for the heads up, no mention in  this thread of being redirected here by your good self and on this occasion I never checked any previous threads by King Quiambao, that`ll teach me  :blush:

You are welcome btw :)  

Yes, just type in the search box:

msconfig

and follow the rest of the directions

regards

paws

Thanks paws  :thumbsup:

King Quiambao

King Quiambao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Update: i tried resetting(keep files and erase everything) it starts resetting but stops at 34% and it will say "there was a problem resetting your pc"

Tried using usb,same result :((

Please help me :(

King Quiambao

King Quiambao

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Turned off my pc.when i turned it on.this came up.no other devices connected.

Tried restarting it.still same

Attached Thumbnails

• P_20160924_205555.jpg

Edited by King Quiambao, 24 September 2016 - 06:59 AM.