Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recover files from formatted disk, hdata recovery or recuva?

- - - - - data recovery after format

• Please log in to reply

moehining

moehining

• Pip
  • 1 posts

The partition was formatted yesterday, all files lost and I need to get the photos back.

I am still seeking for help. After searching on internet it seems that hdata recovery or recuva would be fit for me?(easy to recover)

I can pay if it will get my file back.

can i data recovery from formatted hard drive?

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi :welcome:

Yes it's possible to recover data from a formatted hard drive specially if you didn't put new files/folders on the drive after the format.

I don't know if Recuva is able to recover files on a situation like that, the program is free so you can try the most important part is not to write anything to the HDD, you need to recover the files to a different drive.

I'm not familiar with hdata recovery, it seems the program can scan for the files and show a preview to evaluate if it can recover your files after purchase. Most commercial recovery programs will work that way, only do recovery after buying the program. In some of them is possible to save the search for data done by the program, this will speedup the recovery process because the next time you only need to load the search already saved.

Harsh Verma

Harsh Verma

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hey, brother if you still facing issues you can check out a software naming data recovery suit its free to download and easy to use.

dynastyteam

dynastyteam

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

I think data recovery software are useful in this situation.......

oliverpowell

oliverpowell

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi,

I agree with SleepyDude, data recovery is possible from the formatted drive but data recovery from the overwritten drive is not possible. So it is advisable not to use the drive if you don't want to take data loss risk. From the above-mentioned tools, I like Recuva as it is free for recovering lost files. There is one more tool which I like the most is Stellar Free data recovery software. You can give it a shot.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
#1 Recover files from formatted disk, hdata recovery or recuva?: post #1  moehining Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:24 AM

oliverpowell

Did you happen to notice the date of this thread and the fact that the OP never bothered to reply to SleepyDude.

Your willingness to help others is appreciated but please check the date of the OP before replying and avoid repeatedly suggesting the use of the same recovery software, it comes across as being spammy.

shripriya

shripriya

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi, you can download the free version of the Sysinfo Tools Data recovery software. I tried this software a month back. It successfully recovered my lost files in my system.

Cora331

Cora331

• Pip
  • 9 posts

You have to turn to a professional data recovery program to restore deleted photos. And before that, you'd better stop importing new data until you successfully regain lost ones, which aims to prevent your deleted files from being overwritten by new data. And I'd like to recommend you the most effective tool to help recover lost data from Android device.By running this program, all lost data on the SD card can be scanned and arranged on the menu with details.