Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Laptop with SSD - Transfer to new Desktop win Windows 10

SSD Data Transfer

• Please log in to reply

mmalan

mmalan

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hi There!

Here is my scenario:

-I have a HP Laptop with Windows 7 Professional installed, in addition to a Samsung 850 EVO SSD. 

- I just purchased an Hp 8200 SFF Desktop with Windows 10 and a 2tb HDD

I have purchased the proper mount to install the SSD in the desktop, an have a SATA cable for potential data transfer. My question is, what is the best way to setup my SSD as the main drive on the new desktop while keeping my current configuration? In addition, how do I set up the 2tb hard drive ONLY for storage.

*Note - I cannot install Windows 10 in my laptop because my graphics card does not support it.

Thanks in advance!

Hardware

New Desktop - HP Elite 8200 SFF High Performance Business Desktop Computer (Intel Quad Core i7 up to 3.8GHz Processor), 2TB HDD, 16GB DDR3 Memory, DVD RW, Windows 10 Professional

Laptop (Spec File Attached)

HP Elitebook 8560p

Attached Files

Edited by mmalan, 22 December 2016 - 02:56 PM.

Advertisements