Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do you view the bios on an external monitor

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

turboninja92

turboninja92

• Pip
  • 2 posts
How do I view the BIOS, on an external monitor?

I am having issues with my computer that require me to see and access the bios menu on my ASUS R510C laptop. However as the attached picture shows, viewing the bios menu from the laptop screen is impossible. I have an ACER External Monitor, and both VGA and DVI -to - HDMI cables. How can I swap the Bios menu from the laptop screen to the external monitor, so that i can do the necessary repairs?

Advertisements

turboninja92

turboninja92

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

thank you for your answer, however, that is unfortunate. i took this picture when I was on my computers BIOS screen, and as you can see; there is no way to read what menu I am on.

You wouldn't happen to be able to blindly lead me through the menus would you? What I ultimately want to do is, change the boot order so that i can boot from a USB first. I may need to reinstall the entire system, if I cannot refresh my PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0698.JPG

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

I don't know if it will work or not on that laptop or not but, did you try pressing [fn]+[F8] once to toggle to the external monitor?