Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chrome Cast

• Please log in to reply

nohoihoewa

nohoihoewa

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Chrome Cast only allows Android to mirror but doesn't allow iPhones or iPads

Any suggestions as to how I can mirror my iPhone or iPad with chrome Cast ?

Thanks for all replies :-)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0313.JPG

Advertisements

UnloosedCake

UnloosedCake

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

The easiest solution I can find looks to be the program 'Mirror360' which I have never used before and can't vouch for as far as malware or functionality, but you can read the article here. There's no way to actually mirror any apple devices to your ChromeCast without downloading third party software.

nohoihoewa

nohoihoewa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The easiest solution I can find looks to be the program 'Mirror360' which I have never used before and can't vouch for as far as malware or functionality, but you can read the article here. There's no way to actually mirror any apple devices to your ChromeCast without downloading third party software.

Thank you so much for your reply

I had read this sulotion the other day but wasn't sure if it would work

I went to the tech store the next day and got Anycast

I demo the Anycast at the store and I was able to mirror my iPhone to the tv at the store

Everything was looking bright until I tired to setup the Anycast when I got home

For some reason it's not working for me on my own tv but it worked at the store

I gave up and put both the Chrome Cast & Anycast in the drawer for now until I get the urge to play with it again

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

This topic caught my interest, as I have got a Chromecast myself (but have got an Android phone so don't have any problem using it).

Not sure if this is going to be any help at all to you, nohoihoewa....... but I found an Anycast tutorial on YouTube at https://www.youtube....h?v=rJg7Vu0EfiI I thought it was worth mentioning, just in case it helps at all.

Chris.

nohoihoewa

nohoihoewa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

This topic caught my interest, as I have got a Chromecast myself (but have got an Android phone so don't have any problem using it).

Not sure if this is going to be any help at all to you, nohoihoewa....... but I found an Anycast tutorial on YouTube at https://www.youtube....h?v=rJg7Vu0EfiI I thought it was worth mentioning, just in case it helps at all.

Chris.

Hello Chris, thank you so much for your time in replying
I have looked at many YouTube videos in reference to hooking up the Anycast
I have watched the above video

When I was at the store I demoed the Anycast and it worked fine but when I got home and tried to hook it up to my tv it won't let me

The section that was giving me the hip ups is the step where after connecting to the Anycast the screen for the password would not come up

Therefore I could not move on to the next step

The only thing that I can think of is that at the store and also in the videos is that the tv's had a USB for the Anycast and my tv doesn't and have to plug the USB to an electrical outlet

Anyways, thank you again for your time in replying and when I get the urge to try again I'll take it out of the drawer

Until then I haven't thrown it out the window yet :-)

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hello nohoihoewa,

We don't have a USB port on our TV either, but my Chromecast connects through the HDMI socket. Is that what you are using to connect?

What make and model TV do you have, btw? At Christmas, we watched a couple of movies by playing them on my Android phone and then mirroring them to the TV. You are probably already aware though that doing that with an Airplay - if you do not have an Apple TV - is more complicated.

See https://drfone.wonde...t-apple-tv.html

You have probably looked at the following link, but am posting it just in case: -

http://www.techhive...._your_hdtv.html

Once again, apologies if I am telling you stuff you already know, I am not sure what you have explored so far. It would be a shame if your Airplay and Chromecast had to stay locked away in the drawer for ever! :(

Chris.

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Sorry, forgot to post a second drphone link yesterday. Just noticed that it says that you should be able to use a Chromecast to mirror your iPhone screen to your TV

https://drfone.wonde...ipad-to-tv.html

Chris.

Edited by Channeal, 08 March 2017 - 10:55 AM.

Ekanshi Sehgal

Ekanshi Sehgal

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

There are a lot of ways to do this. I have mentioned a few of them. 

- Using Lightning Digital AV Adapter
- Buy Apple TV
- Use Google Chromecast
- AllCast for personal media files

Here is a guide which will help you mirror your screen - https://howtotechh.c...e-to-samsung-tv

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
The original post here was written in March 2017, so hopefully nohoihoewa would have solved this problem a long, long time ago! :)