Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 freezing/crashing that cannot be fixed! (Resolved).

- - - - - tech preview

Best Answer phillpower2 , 22 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

Glad we could help and thanks for letting us know that you no longer need assistance   You are welcome btw  Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello! So, ive looked all over and cant find anything, so i came to smarter people in the community. After talking to 20+ microsoft assistants and no help, ive tried to fix myself. My current setup is:
GPU:nvidia gtx 1060 6gb
PCU:intel core q6600
Motherboard:xfx 750i
8gb of ddr2

When i play games, i get perfect fps and settings that i like. As i progress, after a few minutes it freezes. Basically, mouse and keyboard still work, and control, alt, delete still works. Ive tried almost everything, including reset and updating drivers. If you click control, alt, delete the wifi symbol has a frozen loading sign. And on the desktop, if you hover over an icon in the taskbar, there is no light that indicates your cursor is over it. I have noticed the audit events have been dropped by the trasnport. 0. Finally, this all happened after upgrading to windows 10 from 7. No problems (from what i saw) on windows 7. I dont have a windows 7 key to downgrade though. Also, nothing is overclocked.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

:welcome:   Pcgamer402,

Couple of questions if I may;

What is the brand and model name or number of your PSU and how old is it.

Does the issue only happen when you are gaming, if yes, what games does it happen with.

What drivers have you tried updating and from where did you get them from.

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
My psu is a corsair 550w. It is older but should still work. The issue happens on other things too like recording with elgato, but ive noticed it mainly on gaming. Happens on all my games also. Ive tried updating drivers for gpu,cpu,and motherboard. Hard to find drivers for cpu and motherboard though. Ive gotten them from the manufacturer website (like nvidia). Also my computer is custom built.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
 Hard to find drivers for cpu and motherboard though.

Could quite well be the problem, there are no Windows 10 drivers available for your MB so what version of drivers are you using.

Having stable chipset drivers installed is a must and having them installed will normally mean you have no problems with other devices.

My psu is a corsair 550w. It is older but should still work. 

Corsair is one of the best brands of PSU but if out of warranty should have been replaced, we need to check your temps and voltages and for the most accurate results it should be done after some gaming etc;

Please take expanded screenshots and only use the method below to attach them.

Download Speedfan from here and install it.  Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.  The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.

If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

speedfan.png

(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Download then run HWMonitor and post a screenshot so that we have a comparison to the Speedfan results, details from here

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... Click on the More Reply Options tab then after typing in any response you have... click on Choose File...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on Attach This File...on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I am getting screenshots now. I will try to do it after gaming but it may freeze. Also, i hear 4 beeps when my pc turns on

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Four short beeps: System timer failure 

One of the timers used for controlling motherboard system functions has an error. There's either a failure of the motherboard or one of the devices on the motherboard. 

Will wait on the screenshots for now but just so that you are aware 4 beeps can also mean a problem with the RAM which can also be associated with a MB device failure, a memory slot as just one example.

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Quick question. I have the picture but it says i cannot post it

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Also my pc just froze when trying to send picture and i havnt played any games yet. Ill try sending it again

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

Have you saved the screenshots as jpegs as suggested - what is the exact message that you are getting.

Tip

If using a computer and not a mobile phone, please avoid adding multiple posts while waiting for us to reply to your last, edit your last post to include anything that you wish to add, this will ensure nothing gets overlooked which can sometimes happen if a thread has more than one page.  

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

It is an attachment. It says the temps are high but they go up and down. So some of them are normal just look higher.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

Sorry but not understanding what you are saying, we need screenshots of both HWMonitor and Speedfan before we can safely help you.

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

It says this exension is not available for this community

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

Are you saving the screenshots exactly as explained in my reply #4

Pcgamer402

Pcgamer402

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Very sorry, i forgot to click attach this file.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot (2).png
  • Screenshot (5).png
  • Screenshot (6).png

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

No worries  :thumbsup:

As you can see your CPU is overheating and this will only get worse when you are actually gaming, your voltages are fine so not the cause of the high temps.

What I would suggest;

1: Check that the CPU cooling fan is securely in place and that the heatsink and CPU cooling fan are not clogged with dust.

2: If the above is not the cause of the high temps, remove the HS and CPU cooling fan and remove and then reapply a fresh amount of thermal compound, a guide to this here