Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Replacing my internal battery

battery asus hardware replacement

• Please log in to reply

BJ2727

BJ2727

• Pip
  • 1 posts

So I got an Asus laptop with a hardware problem. When I turn it on, it says "No battery is detected." It's an internal battery, so it's a pain in the butt to remove, but I've done it. Now I want to figure out if there's a way to know with certainty that the battery is the problem, and not another component inside my computer. If the battery is the problem, I'll gladly replace it. But I don't want to spend the price of a new battery only to find out that it's just as useless as the current one because something else is wrong.

Any advice?

Edited by BJ2727, 21 June 2017 - 05:39 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:   BJ2727,

If you have or if you can borrow a multimeter see Checking Battery Charge with a Multimeter info here (omit step one obviously).

If you do not have access to a multimeter your best bet would be to have a local tech store test the battery for you, some will do this for free and some for a small fee, please ask first.

NB: Too late now but you would have been better to post here before removing the battery, the problem for example may have been software related.