Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse and Keyboard Now Cause Computer to Wake Instantly

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

tigger3370

tigger3370

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Not sure if this belongs here, so you can tell me where to move it if it doesn't.

Out of the blue, a week or so ago, I put my computer into sleep mode and as soon as it went to sleep, it woke right back up again. Traced it to the mouse and keyboard and disabled them from waking it from sleep. Trying to figure out why it is causing this so that I can use them again to wake the computer from sleep. I only have one mouse and keyboard attached to the computer, however, two show up in the device manager list (see attached file). I disabled the wake from sleep feature for both that do not say Logitech in front of them and now the issue doesn't happen, but I can't use either to wake the computer. Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Jason

Attached Thumbnails

• Device Capture.JPG

Advertisements