Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I change the Start up Picture?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

rpschultz9

rpschultz9

• Pip
  • 8 posts

When I first turn on my PC (Windows 10) there is a really nice picture on the screen that's asking for my login ID - How do I change that picture or see the other picture options?

Advertisements

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
Go to Settings menu and go to Personalization > Lock screen and scroll down until you see Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen. Toggle this setting to On. you'll see the option, which lets you choose the log-in screen background (the Windows logo) or a solid color (if you turn this option off):

rpschultz9

rpschultz9

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I found that section but there were only 5 pictures there. My wife's computer has a couple pictures that come up that are better than those 5. Is there a way to get more Microsoft pictures that they put on the PCs?

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts
Check out the following link

https://www.laptopma...indows-10-theme

rpschultz9

rpschultz9

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Those were GREAT pictures. Just what I was looking for. But, I still don't know how to get them on the first screen that comes up when I turn on the computer. The screen before I login.

There's a line on the page where you download those pics that says they are for wallpaper. But I wouldn't consider the first screen that comes up wallpaper. It's more of a login page/screen, isn't it?

Edited by rpschultz9, 23 November 2017 - 12:10 PM.

dmccoy

dmccoy

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 1,295 posts

I think this is what you are looking for:

Select the Lock Screen

Choose Picture under Background option

Click on Browse under Choose your picture