Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How much would this custom software cost?

• Please log in to reply

Xyphien

Xyphien

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Hello everyone, here in the next 2-3 years I'll be starting a businessThe business will be a gaming lounge, and will be an hourly payment. I'm going to need a system kind of like the military systems used. Meaning, I will have a custom CAC (Common Access Card) and will need a windows version that disables users to access the computer unless they have their CAC to put into the computer. As well, as have it so they click on a button that says "Pay for x hours" it will need a timer at the bottom of the screen showing how much time they have left, as well as a popup on the computer for 10, 5 minutes as well as once time runs out. Then, if they do not re-up their payment it will boot them off of the computer.

How much would a software like this cost me in price? I'll be in the United States, as well as located in or around the Virginia area.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:   Xyphien,

I suspect that your question may be one that no individual will be able to give you a definitive answer, the software/programs etc will be bespoke so no idea of costs until your requirements have been passed on and you then given a quote, some example start up cost info here

Xyphien

Xyphien

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

:welcome:   Xyphien,

I suspect that your question may be one that no individual will be able to give you a definitive answer, the software/programs etc will be bespoke so no idea of costs until your requirements have been passed on and you then given a quote, some example start up cost info here

Hello, and thank you for the timely response. I was hoping for some rough guesstimates. That link you posted looks quite helpful, so thank you again :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

You are welcome and we wish you luck with your new venture  :thumbsup:

Xyphien

Xyphien

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Update for anyone interested in this sort of thing. I asked this question on a few forums and someone just pointed out https://www.antamedia.com/buy/cafe/this is a company that will make all of this for you. The price is on sale, you can get everything customization for around $2k outside of the deal it's around $3k