Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security Login on Facebook

Best Answer KiwiProbie , 11 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

As I said before if you dont want your devices showing in the list then don't log into Facebook :-). Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

DaQueen-B

DaQueen-B

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Is there a way to hide your device from showing up on the "Security Login" section on Facebook? There's a security section that shows all the devices that has accessed your Facebook. My boyfriend gave me his password and everytime I go on his Facebook it shows that my device was logged in, the location and the time. I don't want him to see every single time I have logged in, is there a way to only keep his device from showing up but not my device?

Advertisements

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

No but you can use kaspersky secure connection to hide your real IP address.  Also just bare in mind that some games of facebook has problems with this for some reason, as I had the problem with soldiers inc.  Also you can delete old devices if you like.

DaQueen-B

DaQueen-B

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

No but you can use kaspersky secure connection to hide your real IP address.  Also just bare in mind that some games of facebook has problems with this for some reason, as I had the problem with soldiers inc.  Also you can delete old devices if you like.

So if I use kaspersky secure connection, what will my device show up as in the Security Login section on Facebook? And how would I delete the old devices?

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Yes the only way to avoid it is not to go on facebook.

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Go to your https://www.facebook.com/settingsthen click on Security and Login then under  Where You're Logged In there are 3 dots next to them, you can click on that and go log out.  OR If you have heaps there should be an option to log out of all devices or something alone those lines.

DaQueen-B

DaQueen-B

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Go to your https://www.facebook.com/settingsthen click on Security and Login then under  Where You're Logged In there are 3 dots next to them, you can click on that and go log out.  OR If you have heaps there should be an option to log out of all devices or something alone those lines.

But won't that just log the device out? Will it get rid of the device from that list as well or just log the device out? So there's no way at all that I can block my phone from not showing up in that list every time I log in?

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
✓  Best Answer

As I said before if you dont want your devices showing in the list then don't log into Facebook :-).

DaQueen-B

DaQueen-B

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

As I said before if you dont want your devices showing in the list then don't log into Facebook :-).

So there's no way at all to block your device from showing up?

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Short answer, no.

DaQueen-B

DaQueen-B

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Short answer, no.

Ok no problem, thanks for all your help

KiwiProbie

KiwiProbie

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Your welcome, if you need help with anything else, feel free to come back :-).

DaQueen-B

DaQueen-B

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I do have another question actually. I'm trying to recover my deleted Instagram messages and I found this website instaviewerprivate.com I got to the part where it says to click on the "verify you're human" button but when I click on that button nothing happens. Do you know why or how this website works? I've tried to contact them but the email address they gave for a contact just bounces back when I sent them an email.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

I do have another question actually. I'm trying to recover my deleted Instagram messages and I found this website instaviewerprivate.com I got to the part where it says to click on the "verify you're human" button but when I click on that button nothing happens. Do you know why or how this website works? I've tried to contact them but the email address they gave for a contact just bounces back when I sent them an email.

Replied to here