Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Drive Created After Windows 10 Update...

- - - - -

Best Answer NorthstarATL , 15 May 2018 - 12:09 PM

Sorry, I clicked "mark solved" too early. the solution is here: https://answers.micr...e4-be2d40502621 Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

NorthstarATL

NorthstarATL

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Hi! I have looked for an answer to this on Google, and I THINK I managed to tackle one aspect of the problem, but not the core problem itself, which is that the latest Windows 10 Update (last night, 05/15/2018 at 2 a.m., which is technically this morning!) has been hitting me with repeated notifications about low disk space. A little bleary-eyed, I moved some folders I'd been planning to move anyway to my external drive, and, then, after 100 GBs had been moved and I was STILL getting the LDW every few minutes I looked at the red-bar drive and realized I'd been getting notifications about a drive I had never created! It appears to be virtual, and it only contains 449 mb, but I cannot figure out how to delete it. I was able to go into the registry, and seem to have been successful at shutting off the notifications, but Microsoft Support offered no help, and I think something like this could cause trouble in the future if I do not address it. I was hoping maybe one of you guys had a suggestion, or maybe someone else has had this happen? Thanks in advance! Oh, I have a Dell Inspiron 4150 w/ 8.00 GB Ram, 64-bit OS, and Windows 10 Home!

Attached Thumbnails

• Disk H.jpg

Advertisements

leonardootc

leonardootc

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Hello, NorthstarATL

Windows always creates folders called Windows.old this is around a 20 o 30 GB size

Let’s try this to erase:  https://goo.gl/UyKPJa

NorthstarATL

NorthstarATL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Thanks! I cannot clean the drive, though, and when I open it it is empty. I am running a disk cleanup on "C" to see if it might handle the new drive as well, but I don't see how it would, since it doesn't clean up any other separate drives.

NorthstarATL

NorthstarATL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

No luck. Ran CC Cleaner as well. Nothing there either. The registry thing DOES seem to have worked! Since my last reboot I have not received the low disk space warning. I also posted a new topic on Microsoft Support, so maybe they'll actually answer?

NorthstarATL

NorthstarATL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
✓  Best Answer

Sorry, I clicked "mark solved" too early. the solution is here: https://answers.micr...e4-be2d40502621

leonardootc

leonardootc

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

NorthstarATL: 

I’m Glad to read that.

Greetings!!