Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Route record

route track record google maps

• Please log in to reply

manin

manin

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

Hello, 

is there a way to track a route when I drive, and then load it in Google maps every time I want to go to the same place?

I want to track 4 different routes to the same place, and check every time the traffic to choose the fastest route.

I used My Tracks and a couple of other apps, but I did not manage to load it in Google maps..

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Put the person or business and their complete physical address into your list of Contacts.

When you're ready to go there, open that contact and click the upside-down teardrop to the right of their address. After Google Maps opens click the blue Directions button down in the bottom left corner. Google Maps will then show you the different routes available to get their. The default, (the fastest/less traffic) will be in blue. Click the Start button in the bottom right to begin the navigation. Google Maps knows when and where accidents or slowdowns are and will attempt to route you around them.

Works for me.

manin

manin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Put the person or business and their complete physical address into your list of Contacts.

When you're ready to go there, open that contact and click the upside-down teardrop to the right of their address. After Google Maps opens click the blue Directions button down in the bottom left corner. Google Maps will then show you the different routes available to get their. The default, (the fastest/less traffic) will be in blue. Click the Start button in the bottom right to begin the navigation. Google Maps knows when and where accidents or slowdowns are and will attempt to route you around them.

Works for me.

Hello, thanks for your answer. I don't want to use google routes..

Here in Athens there is a huge problem with traffic, so I have descovered 4 alternative routes, that don't go over high traffic streets.

I want every morning and noon to check these routes, and decide which one is the best...

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Oops, sorry to intrude.