Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copying photos from an iPhone to a flash memory in a W10 pc

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

I have a ton of pictures (~50) on an iPhone that I want to copy onto a flash drive in a W10 pc. I can vaguely see how to do it, but rather than concoct a dumb way to do it, I thought I ask for advice. I'd appreciate guidance here. .... batpark

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Let me sharpen my question.

Asking Google "how to transfer photos from an iPhone to a W10 PC", I got these directions:

Step 1: Plug your iPhone into your PC over the USB cable.

Step 2: Open Photos app. This can be found by typing “Photos” into the search bar at the lower left corner of the screen in Windows 10.

Step 3: Click the button at the top-right of the Photos app to import.

Will this procedure let me specify the name of the receiving PC folder? I would like all the iPhone

images to end up in D:\iphonephotostransDec2018

Thanks. ... batpark

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Sorry, haven't a clue. Not familiar with an iPhone.

You could try it and see what it does.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Won't just plugging the phone in to the computer bring it up and be seen as a drive? Then you can copy and paste (save) to any place you want.

On my W7 my Iphone shows up as a drive under computer. I just clig on the drive and expand the "DCIM to get to the folders labeled "100 APPLE" or "101APPLE"' This shows my photos and then I just copy them to whereever I want.

You may have to wait for a driver to be installed. Also you may have to take the phone off the lock screen.