Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please, can someone help to find metadata from a photo

metadata iPhone

• Please log in to reply

Lily77

Lily77

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, I seriously need some help and truly hope that someone can help me out. I really need to get metadata (date especially) from a photo. I used various metadata websites but they do not help much. The picture could be taken on IPhone. I can email a photo if someone knows how to do it. Thanks

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,622 posts
  • MVP

Try: Google's Picasa.  While it has been discontinued by Google you can still get it at:
http://techfilehippo...-free-download/

When you look at or edit a picture in Picasa you get a lot of the metadata in a pane on the right.  Example:

[attachment=88364:meta.JPG]

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,622 posts
  • MVP

If all you want is the date info just click on the file (on a PC) in Windows Explorer it will show you:

[attachment=88366:meta2.JPG]

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Hi,

Make sure you have the original photo because when the photo is uploaded on-line most services will remove the metadata because of privacy...