Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microphone not working on Sony Vaio Windows 7 VPCEA46FM

mic windows 7 sony vaio

• Please log in to reply

Jenna91

Jenna91

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Issue: Mic does not record any sound.

Computer:

Sony Vaio

Windows 7 64 bit

Model Name: VPCEA46FM

-Link to Sony Website for VPCEA46FM. There are not any drivers here. Also, the "Vaio update software" from this site does not detect missing drivers for the mic.

-Link to drivers I downloaded. These drivers work and I went through them 1 at a time but the mic will not work.

-iobit driver booster is not detecting any missing drivers (this free program usually works flawlessly).

-Video:

On my other laptop, if I snap my finger near the mic, it detects sound and the bars on the recording tab react. However, on this laptop, even though a driver is listed the mic does not react to or record any sounds. I have read the camera and mic drivers are tied together with sony laptops but I am not sure. My camera (and everything else) does work but my mic does not.

If you have any suggestions I would appreciate your help.

Jenna

Advertisements