Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluetooth transmitter won't work on TV

• Please log in to reply

vinny_the_hack

vinny_the_hack

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

I just got bluetooth headphones, and a wireless audio transmitter. They work on my laptop, but not on my TV. The transmitter is plugged into the headphones jack. I doubt it has anything to do with the issue, but I do not have TV service, and I am streaming Internet content to the TV via a Google Chromecast dongle. I've looked on my TV sound menu, and there's nothing there that seems relevant. Scratching my head why one works, and the other doesn't. Can anyone offer any ideas? 

Advertisements

vinny_the_hack

vinny_the_hack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

I should add that when I insert the transmitter into the headphone port, the sound on the TV mutes, so it appears that the sound is going into the transmitter. It just doesn't seem to come out.

vinny_the_hack

vinny_the_hack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

For anyone interested...

I tried setting it up on another TV, and it didn't work at all. Trying it on a third TV, plugging the transmitter into the audio out 3.5 mm port, headphones worked like a charm. Went back to my TV, and tried again, and noticed a very faint sound. I turned up the TV volume as high as it would go, and indeed sound was coming through, albeit it at very low volume. Turned up the volume on headphones as high as it wold go--still too low to be useful.

One more thing: Plugging regular (wired) headphones into the TV headphone (3.5 mm) port produces normal sound volume.

I have one last ditch idea to try. I'm going to buy a 2-male-RCA-to-1-female-3.5mm cable, plug it into the AUDIO OUT ports, and try plugging the transmitter into the female end, and see what happens. Gonna order online, so it will most likely be well over a week before I update this report.

vinny_the_hack

vinny_the_hack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Cable arrived today. $6 and free shipping. Hooked it up straightaway, and it works like a charm. Only thing is, I have to put the TV on mute because sound comes from TV speaker(s), also.