Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't run Window 7 games on Windows 10

• Please log in to reply

jsaklas

jsaklas

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

I loaded Windows 7 games onto my Windows 10 computer.  I and my wife use this computer.  .

Until 4 days ago the games ran perfectly, now, while they run for my wife, I can not run them when I sign on.  I uninstalled them and reinstalled them, but that did no solve the problem.  It may have something to do with my Administrator status which I "played" with to install Classic Shell???

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hello jsaklas,

If this was me for starters I'd be uninstalling Classic shell and see if things return to normal.

Your friend
zep :)

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Zep, my friend,

Thanks you for your quick response, but sadly, as expected, I uninstalled Classic Shell, rebooted and I have the same result, i.e., I still can't run any of the WIndows 7 games.  The games were running fine with Classic Shell for years, then just stopped.  What makes it even stranger, the wife, also running Classic Shell, can play all the games.

{Also, I know everyone under 50 are used to their smart phone and therefore seem to prefer the Windows 10 formats, but we over 70 who still use flip phones prefer the Classic formats.}

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Zep,

I've done nothing to my computer today, or in the last several days, but "Lo and Behold" my Windows 7 games are again working just fine.

These computers must all have some AI in them to play with us humans, but I've seen The Terminator so I don't trust them.

How do I tell geekstogo that the problem is solved and they can do whatever they need to do to my topic?

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
That's just all around great news ! Maybe it was turning the computer off and on that fixed it. Never know

There's nothing that needs to be done with the topic, it lives here for others to view as a reference..

zep