Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

have internet on laptop, used custom lan settings, windows internet sh

windows internet sharing custom lan settings proxy server xbox 360 wifi hotspot

• Please log in to reply

tbombdabomb

tbombdabomb

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Trying to use windows internet sharing to share internet with xbox 360. Used an app called netshare to share internet connection from my phone with my laptop. Had to go into custom lan settings and set up a proxy server to get internet on the laptop. Port 8282 I believe. I am using windows internet sharing. I have clicked on the connection that has internet, went to properties and clicked the box that says share this internet connection. I them plug my xbox via ethernet cable to the laptop and they both "see" each other and acknowledge that they are plugged in and they have network connection. However, I cannot get any internet on the xbox 360. I have even bridged the two connections and still cannot get internet on the xbox. Is it because of the proxy settings?! I have tried it on 2 different laptops. Internet works fine on laptop, just cannot share it!! Even downloaded connectify And speedify. They claim there is no internet connection available! BS! I've been watching Hulu on laptop. Internet is fine. Why can I not share it?@ I also did the command prompts and turned my laptop into a wifi hotspot connected the xbox that way, showed the network was connected, but, still no internet!!! I have tested the windows media center connection between xbox and laptop and that works fine!! Plz help. I'm at my wits end!@

Edited by tbombdabomb, 10 September 2019 - 05:30 PM.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi tbombdabomb,

Welcome to GeeksToGo! :)

I moved your topic to the Console Games forum so you would get more visibility from those who can help. While you are waiting for someone who has more knowledge of how to accomplish what you are trying to do, please take a look at the Xbox 360 Networking Tutorial to see if there is anything in there that could help.