Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for a good monitor under $200

moniitor

• Please log in to reply

Glaceon

Glaceon

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi!

Just as the title says, I'm looking for a monitor that costs under $200 and can produce an amazing display. I plan to use it for graphic design works which is why I need to see the colors as accurate as possible and also gaming on the side. As I have mentioned, it will be used for art stuff, I'm also considering monitors that around 24-27 inches to maximize my workspace on-screen if it's possible for the said price. I'm afraid I don't know much about the specifications and technical stuff for monitors but Im looking for somewhere around 1920x1080 or more. In addition to that, since I am using an AMD/Radeon GPU, having Freesync maybe a plus. It'd be nice to get a monitor that I know I can the most of my money's worth. That is why I would like to request suggestions and bits of advice from all of you who may know better. I appreciate all of you. Thank you in advance.

P.S. with HDMI slot please smile.gif Thanks

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:   Glaceon,

Best deal that I could find;

Dell 27" 1920x1080 HDMI USB 144hz 2ms AMD FREESYNC HD LED Gaming Monitor - D2719HGF

Max 21

Max 21

• Pip
  • 2 posts

If your doing graphic design work and color accuracy is important, you won't be able to find anything under $500-$600. All the cheaper monitors use only a portion of the adobe color spectrum. So while all the colors may look good on a $200 monitor, as soon as you look at it on a different screen or print it, you could have a picture that looks very different.

Examples of color corrected monitors would be:

Dell 27 UltraSharp Monitor with PremierColor UP2716D

Ben Q 27 inch Photo Editing Monitor, 2K Adobe RGB SW270C

Any suitable monitors will be advertised as having 99 or 100 percent of the adobe color spectrum and probably say color corrected or something similar. Most are marketed and designed specifically for photo editing and graphic design.