Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

There was a problem starting StartupCheckLibrary.dll

StartupCheckLibrary dll error windows 10 not found

• Please log in to reply

vegetables

vegetables

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello dears,

I have the same issue that most of people are having here in the forum. around 3-4 days ago, I updated the windows to the latest updates, and suddenly my windows defender showed a message that it found a Trojan in "StartupCheckLibrary.dll" file, so it removed the file, and now, I'm always getting the below error every time I boot up the windows:

Capture.png

2.png

1.png

I saw in other topics that you guys asking for the "FRST64" report, I downloaded it, but my Windows defender again showed that it got a Trojan and deleted it:

3.png

Waiting for your feedback .. 

Edited by vegetables, 14 October 2019 - 10:20 AM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Search for

task scheduler

hit enter

Click on the arrow in front of Task Scheduler Library then on the arrow in front of Microsoft then on the arrow in front of Windows then on Application Experience.  Look in the next pane for StartupCheckLibrary and right click and delete,

Also check:

Microsoft/Windows/WDI and look for SrvHost.  If you see it then right click and delete.

vegetables

vegetables

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Search for

task scheduler

hit enter

Click on the arrow in front of Task Scheduler Library then on the arrow in front of Microsoft then on the arrow in front of Windows then on Application Experience.  Look in the next pane for StartupCheckLibrary and right click and delete,

Also check:

Microsoft/Windows/WDI and look for SrvHost.  If you see it then right click and delete.

I just deleted the "StartupCheckLibrary" and not the second one and WOW, THANKS A LOT SIR!! WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!! been searching for solution for long time but with no use..

Shall I delete the second one as well? or no need? since the error disappeared..

Edited by vegetables, 14 October 2019 - 02:15 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

It's not an infection or anything like that regardless of what Windows Defender thinks.  It's just some old tasks that were removed by a recent update or should have been removed and weren't.  Defender had a false positive on one  and removed the dll which caused the error.   Removing them will have no effect as they are no longer present on systems that are up to date.

vegetables

vegetables

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

It's not an infection or anything like that regardless of what Windows Defender thinks.  It's just some old tasks that were removed by a recent update or should have been removed and weren't.  Defender had a false positive on one  and removed the dll which caused the error.   Removing them will have no effect as they are no longer present on systems that are up to date.

Thanks a lot sir! I really appreciate your support.