Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Double sign on confusion

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 02 November 2019 - 01:19 PM

Not sure why as it would be the easiest option and would be done quicker than it took to respond to my last post. As an asides, if this has just come about you could try restoring the computer... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

jcham504

jcham504

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

When my computer (windows 10 home, build 1903) loads at startup. I get a sign on window that wants a password. and then switches to a window that says incorrect password with two different sign on options on the lower left of the screen. when I click on the one that has my picture (the other one says microsoft) a new window opens that asks for my pin number which I know. I enter my pin and all is good. windows opens to my home screen. How do I get rid of the other log on option (microsoft) screen?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

The only means that are available to you, this scenario does not happen for no reason, any children etc been messing with your computer!

How to Remove login screen and completely Disable login password 

jcham504

jcham504

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

I looked at the solution you linked me to. I don't think it works for my windows version. I followed the regedit solution. I did not have the "\Winlogon" section after opening HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion, so I couldn't proceed any further. I also think the solution mentioned may be reverse of which login I am trying to remove. Of the two logins available only one has my email attached and that is the one I use. The other just has my name, as they both do. Does this help?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

What about the option to refresh Windows 10 and keep your files, see tutorial here provided courtesy of Shawn Brink

jcham504

jcham504

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

That would have to be my option of last resort. I assume there is no other way to solve what I would have thought a simple task?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
✓  Best Answer

Not sure why as it would be the easiest option and would be done quicker than it took to respond to my last post.

As an asides, if this has just come about you could try restoring the computer so a system restore point that is before when the issue first happened.

Alternative method would be to make sure that you are signing in as an Administrator and delete any duplicate account, some info here

jcham504

jcham504

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

I have decided to let it be. It's just to simple to understand why it's so hard to find a step by step solution to a problem easier then the time it took to type this . THANK you for your time.