Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advice of Gaming Desktops

Desktops Gaming Alienware

Best Answer phillpower2 , 12 December 2019 - 07:02 AM

Not bad but unless you plan on serious overclocking there is no need for liquid cooling, not having it removes the worry of leaks or pump failure etc. There is a lot of needless txt there so I... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Quiqzal

Quiqzal

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
CyberPowerPC - Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i7-9700K - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 2TB HDD + 240GB SSD - Black

Sale: 1149.99

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6306243

NEW ALIENWARE AURORA GAMING DESKTOP

9th Gen Intel® Core i9 9900 (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology)
Operating System
Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, English
Video Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)
Color Choice
Lunar Light
Memory
16GB Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz
Hard Drive
1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
Chassis Options
Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling and 850W Power Supply
Wireless
802.11ac 2x2 Wireless, WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1

Sale: 2099.99

These are 2 I have looked into it. If you have any other good deals please let me know. I am looking for a great gaming desktop that will last me for awhile.

Thank you in advance.
Quiqzal

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts

Hello Quiqzal,

For me the Dell is overpriced even after allowing for the larger capacity SSD, higher wattage PSU, this no doubt due the Alenware branding.

Two concerns for me regarding the CyberPowerPC, the lack of information regarding the PSU and whether the RAM is a single 16GB stick or two Xs 8GB sticks, you need two sticks for Dual channel to work, not sure that contacting Best Buy would get you an answer to either tbh.

Of the two, the CyberPower for me and with the cash saved be prepared to upgrade the PSU and RAM if needs be.

Check Logical Increments to see what type of build you can get for the same or similar amount of cash.

Quiqzal

Quiqzal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I just came across this deal.

https://www.cyberpow...-RTX-2070-Super

VR Ready Deal RTX 2070 Super
$1545

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition)
Holiday Featured Promotions: None
Gaming Chassis: CyberPowerPC AURON ARGB Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Window + 6X 120mm ARGB Fans (Black Color)
Laser Engraving: None
Lighting: None
Extra Case Fans: Default case fans
CPU: Intel® Core Processor i7-9700K 3.60GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151
Freebie of Processor: None
Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan: None
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: CyberPowerPC Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: None
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC ATX w/ ARGB, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
RAM / System Memory: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
Video Card: GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Single Card)
Freebie of Video Card: None
Sli Bridge: None
EVGA Power: None
HTC VIVE Virtual reality Headset: None
Video Capture Card: None
Power Supply: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Certified Power Supply
Primary Hard Drive: 240GB ADATA SU630-240G SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)
Freebie of Solid State Drive: None
Secondary Hard Drive: None
Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
External Storage: None
Optical Drive: None
WiDi Router: None
Internal Wireless Network Card: None
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

I had concerns Alienware is very much paying for the name and hype.

I have built in the past but just not able to do it myself anymore.

Thank you for responding.

Edited by Quiqzal, 11 December 2019 - 04:36 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts
✓  Best Answer

Not bad but unless you plan on serious overclocking there is no need for liquid cooling, not having it removes the worry of leaks or pump failure etc.

There is a lot of needless txt there so I have removed the nonsense and left the actual spec so you can compare them to what I have included in a parts list for you;

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition)
Gaming Chassis: CyberPowerPC AURON ARGB Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Window + 6X 120mm ARGB Fans (Black Color)
Extra Case Fans: Default case fans
CPU: Intel® Core Processor i7-9700K 3.60GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151
CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: CyberPowerPC Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC ATX w/ ARGB, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
RAM / System Memory: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
Video Card: GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Single Card)
Power Supply: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Certified Power Supply
Primary Hard Drive: 240GB ADATA SU630-240G SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)

Example parts list here

If not prepared to build your own I would think about asking a local tech what they would charge for building the parts and installing the OS, I`m from the UK and would charge the equivalent of between $75 and 100 depending on the amount of any additional hardware involved.