Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Moving icons from Start to Start bar

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

On my W10 Lenovo laptop, I have icons for <NY Times> and for <Google> on my Start screen. How I can make copies of each to the Start bar at the bottom of the screen? Thank you. .... batpark

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Hello batpark,

Try right clicking on each one, see if there is an option to--->Pin to task bar, if so try it.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

zep516: Thank you again for your help. I tried your suggestion but found no >Pin to task bar option.   ...batpark

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Yes you're welcome.

Maybe we can pin the Icon the represents the program, and need to pin the actual program. I'll look into the matter unless someone else replies.

Joe

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Try going through the start in the lower left and find the program. Right click will bring up options. If "pin to taskbar" is not present see if is in the drop down menu under "more".

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

zep516, 123Runner: I don't know exactly what I did but by fiddling with all the options I was able to get all my icons and bookmark bars where they should be.

Thanks for your help and patience.   ..... batpark