Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is there a quick easy way to download photos from a I Phone 6 to a lap

Photos I Phone 6

• Please log in to reply

dowsp

dowsp

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Is there a quick easy way to download photos from a I Phone 6 to a laptop..not using Itunes or cloud.

Hi

I am relatively new to using an I Phone... and have some minimal knolwedge on certain things..as well as some advice from my brother who knows more..

but he admotts to NOT being updated for a while..

He had suggested that I would have to use either I tunes or Cloud to download any photos from my I Phone 6...which unfortunatley for me has now become full with photos and videos..

that I would like to save to my laptop. and functions will not work on my Iphone while its too full up with to many photos or file space..

I want to try to find if its possible to download some photos to my laptop hopefully quite quick and easy...without risking downloading some sort of risky software..that may spy on me or badly effect my computer...

On doing some browsing.. I came across some webpages or websites that seem to suggest that there maybe some sort of software that you can download and use to download photos / videos

maybe quicker than using I Tunes

I came across this webpage as an eg that may suggest is ok to download photos from an I Phone..

https://www.imobie.c...e-to-laptop.htm

BUt I wondered if any of the more experienced members may be able to recommend any such software that they would recommend. Hopefully that would be a Free download..

I dont reallly want to download and use I Tunes onto my laptop if that is possible to find any suitable good  alternative ..

thank you

Edited by dowsp, 14 July 2020 - 02:08 PM.

Advertisements

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,096 posts

Hi, dowsp.

I have an ipod and the way it works it's the same with an iphone regarding the photos/videos.

I use Syncios Manager (free) and it's very easy to use. You can transfer anything.

https://www.syncios.com/download.html

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Hi DR M.

On a quick look at the website link... it looks very promising and I would think more trustworthy than other things that I have come across so far..

and as its recommended by a DR....and Senior member on GTG   that give me more confidence to at least to risk to try it.

Many thanks for your kind help...

I just hope that I can download and install it ok...

I have some problem with my laptop as its not running as well as it should ...and some files I had tried to download and installl for some reason I have not able to run the files to install..

such as for eg... Opera browser...

so I may have some sort of virus or spyware that is causing me problems..

I have asked for help in the past... and at one time could have used some Av software that often was easy to use and would delete basic spyware etc easily even if I had not done a full AV malware removal thru the help of this forum...

I still use Windows XP and do not want to change.. so finding old type AV software to do basic simple virus checks...often  now will not work on my computer as its too outdated...

Im not even sure if Geeks to go could even still help solve my problems anymore in ref to me still using XP...

However many thanks again

Dowsp

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,096 posts

and as its recommended by a DR....and Senior member on GTG   that give me more confidence to at least to risk to try it.

He he! Not sure if it has to do with the DR title or the Senior one, but I did try a lot of software and this is the one that serves my needs best. Just connect the phone/ipod/whatever find the photos or the videos and select export to the desktop. You can also import music from the computer to the phone and it's ideal if you want to transfer contacts from one phone to another. From time to time it will ask you to buy the payed version, but there is no need for that.

I still use Windows XP and do not want to change..

Well, this is a problem for your own security. I understand that "changing environments" is frustrating, but in this case there are no security updates for XP anymore. What we advise users is not to use the XP machines to surf the internet... You never know...

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Hi again DRM,

Thanks for your prompt reply..

I note what you say about me using Win Xp and have had  a sort of detailed past discussion about it on a prior past occasion when I was given some help from the member who helped me..

so I am aware that I have  quite a difficult or tricky situation and maybe even now a no longer possible way to get around my laptop problems without upgrading to another Windows or other Op system Version.

I just looked again at the link you gave me and I do not think again that it woud work for me just from my existing Laptop that uses XP..

But I maybe able to get another Computer that has windows 7 that I might be able to obtain and set up... that may at least allow me a way to use the software you have informed me about...

or I may be able to ask my brother if he could use it and try to see if it is ok for to try to download some of my I phone content... if it was to work at a reasonable speed to do it..

As in the past he said he would not help me using the older methods to transfer as the methods would take a long time to do..

So I was hoping that it maybe quite quicker to do compared to say dealing with I tunes or the cloud methods..

I am Not sure if it may only work on Windows 10 or if it also would work on windows 7...

For Windows 10/8.1/8/7

https://www.syncios.com/download.html

Syncios Data Transfer Easy-to-use yet powerful phone to phone transfer tool, supports to transfer almost all files, including contacts, messages, call logs, photos, music and video between iPhone & Android without any data loss. Helps to recover data from iTunes or iCloud backups.

For Windows 10/8.1/8/7 Latest Release: Jul 14, 2020 Version

Edited by dowsp, 15 July 2020 - 10:52 AM.

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,096 posts

I am Not sure if it may only work on Windows 10 or if it also would work on windows 7...

Normally, it should work.

Be sure to download the Syncios Manager and not any other product.

dowsp

dowsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Thank for confirming which specific Program to use...

I initially was going to consider one of the others..but now I have reread more carefully I think I had just noted the word Photos in the description for Syncios Data transfer and assumed it was that option.

I have now noted the Word  FREE on the Syncios Manager freeware.png option

Syncios Manager freeware.png Helps you easily manage iPhone, iPad, iPod and Android devices, offers ultimate transfer solution between mobile phone and PC

Syncios Data Transfer Transfer contacts, messages, call logs, photos, music and video between iOS & Android. Back up your phone data and restore later.

Normally, it should work.

Be sure to download the Syncios Manager and not any other product.