Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I recover deleted videos on a windows 7 desk top

Recover deleted videos

• Please log in to reply

Roman88

Roman88

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I put  about 400 videos on a Seagate outside hard drive and it stopped working ; and now my computer will not recognize it anymore .Videos were originally downloaded on to my desk top windows 7 computer and then sent to the Seagate device ; and then deleted from the My downloads file .I'm thinking that it might be easier to recover the  deleted videos from the computer than to get the them from the Seagate outside drive , as the Seagate outside drive isn't recognized in the computer line up  ; although it does appear in the list of devices but does not open.Any information or suggestion would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

Friedrich Schnellinger

Friedrich Schnellinger

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

I'm assuming you have an external drive

Sometimes the problem with these external drives is that, for some reason, the system won't assign them a drive letter.

To check if this is the case:

• Connect your external drive
  • Click the Start button
  • Right-click on Computer and then click on 'Manage'
  • On the left pane, click on 'Disk Management'
  • If you see your drive, right-click on it and click "Change letter" and then add a letter.

If this does not work, connect your drive to another computer and check if the problem persists. If so, you may need to use some data recovery software such as EasyUS Data Recovery Wizard or Wondershare Recoverit <---These are paid software. For a cheap solution, Try Hiren's BootCD 15.2, go to the recovery section and use 'Disk Digger'. Or you can also try the new version of Hiren Community (Based on Windows 10 x64) it has a good recovery software. I've tried 'DMDE' and it works, I used it to recover over 100GB of ISO files from a corrupted laptop hard disk.