I plan to get this refurbished from a vendor. Since I don't have much knowledge of Mac (and computers in general), thought to ask.
Screen size: 13 inch
Memory:8GB 1600 MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
Storage:120GB Solid State Drive
Processor:2.5GHz Intel Core i5 Processor
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics processor
Pre-Loaded/Licensed Software: Pre-loaded with macOS 10.14.6 Mojave
This MacBook Pro will run the most current OS Catalina 10.15
Warranty: 90 days
(1) I plan to upgrade the RAM to 16GB. Does this unit allow RAM upgrade to 16GB from the current 8GB?
(2) I plan to remove Optical/DVD player. In this case, would using the
existing drive of 500GB slow down the computer speed?
Also, would removing Optical/DVD player imbalance the balance of the system due to higher weight on one side?
(3) Once Apple stops support of Mojave/Catalina, then would this system be still workable?
(4) Upon Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics processor getting too old, is it replaceable in this model?
(5) I am looking for a unit that lasts at least 4-5 years, is it worth getting this unit since it is 8 years old now?
I am assuming that it is the i5 3rd generation, and upgrading the processor isn't possible?
Any other thing should I keep in mind before purchasing it from the vendor?
Appreciate your time.