Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chrome Os

• Please log in to reply

Rascle53

Rascle53

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

my grandson uses chromebook with chrome os on it. its really hard to see most of his school work on it so i hooked it up to larger monitor via hdmi cable which kinda sorta works ok. However the lid on the chromebook has to be closed for it to show on the larger monitor which in turn cancels out the sound. ive check in the video and video advance section for a "share monitor" which there isnt any i was able to find.

Anyone have any suggestion oh how i can keep the lid open on the chromebook while connected to the larger monitor so i can have sound also?

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Do you have Mirror Internal Display turned on?

See steps 6-10 on

https://www.business...hromebook-to-tv

Also look in Settings under Audio and make sue the active  device is set correctly.

rashmitabaliyarsingh

rashmitabaliyarsingh

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

my grandson uses chromebook with chrome os on it. its really hard to see most of his school work on it so i hooked it up to larger monitor via hdmi cable which kinda sorta works ok. However the lid on the chromebook has to be closed for it to show on the larger monitor which in turn cancels out the sound. ive check in the video and video advance section for a "share monitor" which there isnt any i was able to find.

Anyone have any suggestion oh how i can keep the lid open on the chromebook while connected to the larger monitor so i can have sound also?

Because the chromebook has all the inbuilt features of google only and you can access the service related to google only. You can not try or work on other application on it.