Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

W10 picture processing

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

I am trying to learn the picture-processing tools that came with my W10 Lenovo 14API laptop. In particular, I want to understand the three items that appear in my File Manager listing as

<This PC\Pictures\Camera Roll>

<This PC\Pictures\Saved Pictures>

<This PC\Pictures\Screen Shots>.

Q1: Am I right that Pictures is the MS part of W10? How can I identify the full name and version number of that app?

Q2: I understand what screenshots are. But what are <Camera Roll> and <Saved Pictures>? What is each meant to hold? How can I find how to use their tools? FWIW, both <Camera> and <Saved Pictures> show as “This folder is empty.” in my setup.

Q3: How do I move a photo from my Apple icloud into the <This PC\Pictures\Saved Pictures>?

Q4: More generally, is there a video (or other reference) I can view that would be useful. Just “playing around” and finding my way has not been very successful for me.

Q5: Finally (and to show just how unfamiliar I am with this stuff), can someone confirm my understanding that my Lenovo laptop does NOT contain an internal camera?

Thanks for your help (and patience).    ....batpark

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

The Camera Roll folder is used by the Camera app to store all created photos and videos. The Saved Pictures folder is used by the Photos app.

The C:\Users\<user name>\Pictures\Saved Pictures folder is created by the Photos app. This folder is the default location for apps to save pictures. This folder is included by default in the Saved Pictures library.

Some information below for you.

https://support.leno...utions/HT500586