Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Printer software for scanning

hp printer scanner scanning Smart

• Please log in to reply

juliaatgeekstogo

juliaatgeekstogo

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Was able to scan fine using the device when using HP Solution Centre, but mid January 2021 it stopped working due to Adobe Flash Player.

Trying to scan using usnig HP Smart, but the icon just shows Photosmart All-in-one Pinrter Scanner and has an orange exclamation mark. I was able to get rid of this by running a troubleshooter which found and fixed an issue - clearing a few documents from the network print queue, but still the orange exclamation mark and cannot scan. It says Scan not supported and telling me to check communications - but in other parts of HP Smart it was clear it was receiving device information.

Removing HP Smart and the HP software from the website and re-installing it - at one point - seemed to remove the orange exclamation mark - but it returned a minute later after I tried to scan.

Can you help me get the HP scanner working again?

Julia

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Hello Julia,

See if this helps you ....

https://support.hp.c...anning-problems

juliaatgeekstogo

juliaatgeekstogo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded the tool.

When I originally had the mesage I was led to a tool which indicated it had found a problem and fixed it - however minutes later the error icon was on the printer in HP Smart and the Scan button said it was not available, but gave no indication of what the problem was.

User can scan from a remote device, but not from this PC, since having to stop using :HP Solution Centre in January (due to lack of support for Adobe Flash).

juliaatgeekstogo

juliaatgeekstogo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Here is the message which came up, so you can see if it was created by the same program

luckasbenjamin

luckasbenjamin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Download Scan doctor to fix your problem