Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Netbook won't detect Wi-Fi networks but does detect ad-hoc network

Wi-Fi Ad-Hoc detect

Best Answer zep516 , 02 April 2021 - 01:18 PM

Might be help here for you, https://www.guidingt...-wi-fi-network/ Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Friedrich Schnellinger

Friedrich Schnellinger

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I have a weird problem that I've never seen before. My mini laptop detects ad-hoc networks and can connect to and work with them with no problem, but it doesn't detect any other Wi-Fi network. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the wireless adapter driver but it won't work, it stays the same. I checked the properties on the device admin and enabled the property "802.11d", still won't work. There is a device with no drivers installed called "Intel® Atom™/Celeron®/Pentium® Processor Platform Control Unit - LPC: Bridge to Intel Legacy Block - 0F1C" Could this be the cause?

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
✓  Best Answer

Might be help here for you,

https://www.guidingt...-wi-fi-network/

Friedrich Schnellinger

Friedrich Schnellinger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

You provided a good resource.

I tried all solutions there and it didn't work. Then I decided to perform a simple test to check hardware; I booted HBCD>Parted Magic, checked the Wi-Fi networks and they weren't detected either. In that case, a Windows misconfiguration is discarded.

I opened some other laptops and noticed they had the antenna cables connected otherwise, so I inverted the cables and it worked.

So, the gray cable goes where it says "1 MAIN" and the black cable goes on the other side "2 AUX".

I guess I connected them wrong the last time I opened this laptop.

I took 2 photos (Crappy quality, I know)

IMG00022-20210402-2337-Highlight.jpg

IMG00023-20210402-2337-Highlight.jpg

It might have happened during my desperation for making the CMOS battery to work. Recently I got a Tester and tested the battery, it's dead, they sold me a dead battery.