Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

1 Web favicon malware/adware help

• Please log in to reply

Fenchic

Fenchic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have an android phone that's running fine except that after clicking on a spam website I notice that my Google favicon now gets replaced by a '1 web' favicon. It doesn't redirect my webpage and nothing else seems affected. Malwarebytes and AVG aren't picking anything up but this is still strange behaviour that I want cleared, especially if it means my browsing activity is being monitored.

Does anyone know what this '1 web' thing could be and do you have any tips on how to remove it? I have screenshots if there's a function to upload them. Thanks

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

One way is to do it would be with a factory reset. Make sure you have all of your stuff backed up somewhere first of course.