Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Odd behaviour after gaining access to GtG by requesting a new password

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

I had not used GtG for several years. But,remarkedly, following the on-screen description, I find that I now seem to be able to use the forum once again. But I apparently am permanently connected,even though I never LOG IN. (Can that be? It does not sound right). 

I still need help, however, in getting to my Profile and changing the complex new PW that was sent to me today to a simpler one. (How can I move from here to the password change option ?)

I would be grateful to anyone who can tell me how to do that. And to "hold my hand" as I go about dealing  with other problems I anticipate in getting back on to GtG. Is it within the GtG Rules for me to Post my email address here? Many thanks....... Batpark

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Hi Bat,

At the top of this page look for your user name a bit over to the right  mine looks like this--->    (zep516  Messenger   Notifications   sign Out).  That's how looks for me.

Next to your user name is a small arrow pointing down, click on the arrow,  A  drop down window opens, in the window  click on "My Settings"   another window opens and in that window over to the left should say E-Mail an password.  Click on that......

I would not post an E Mail address here.  A moderator will edit it out anyway....

Gary R

Gary R

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 445 posts

It's never a good idea to post an e-mail address on any open forum, as it will get "hoovered up" by spambots, and in no time at all your inbox will be inundated with spam.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
I had not used GtG for several years. But,remarkedly, following the on-screen description, I find that I now seem to be able to use the forum once again.

Something amiss then as apart from your latest OPs you are shown to have started five threads in 2021 and many more in the previous year, btw, you never acknowledged the offers of help in your last thread here  :(

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

batpark,

You are shown to have revisited GTG since the three replies above but again without acknowledging any one of them and in particular what was mentioned in my reply #4 regarding you starting multiple threads in 2020 and 2021.

If you have not visited the site in several years somebody else has using your log in details and that needs to be sorted asap.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Giomo and others who have helped me recently get back onto GtG: I now appear, finally, to have a stable user name and password.

I don't think Giomo's concern about others wrongly using my name and password is a real problem. As Philpower and others have discovered I have been a disorganized  user. But, always, an appreciative one. At times, when the solutions offered, outstrip my very limited tehnical capabilities, I am afraid I, too often,  have broken contact without proper explanation. I  regret that such action might be regarded as rude. I can assure everyone who has attempted to help that that is not my aim and I regret such actions.

All I can say is that often the help is quite beyond me; and I have not yet been able to say that correctly. Rather, I can understand how a volunteer offering is help sees me as an ungrateful pain. I will certainly try to be a better gtger. 

.... batpark