Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Telikin All In One T-A1905 Information Please!

Telikin All In One Telikin All In One T-A1905 SeniorScam?

• Please log in to reply

N8V

N8V

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I purchased a 2017 Telikin All In One T-A1905 from a second hand store recently for two disabled patients I take care of. I'd never heard of Telikin or "All in One" computer and was surprised the little effort I was able to connect to Internet.  Then only to be locked down with a pop up screen that says "monthly payment due" and no way to access any other screen or function. I called Telikin and was told I will not be able to use it unless I pay a monthly fee or purchase the software outright. The unit is paid for by the previous owner and the monthly fees are for 24/7 priority tech help and for occasional software updates. So I am wondering if there is a work-around?  Anyone have ideas, suggestions or advise on how I can get this functioning without paying monthly from my own pocket. I appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

Hi N8V

Telkin is the operating system. If you look at the computer it could be an MSI -(example).

What you would need to do is wipe the software and install a new software.

You would then loose all the so called benefits that the Telkin software offers.

You could try and install a Linux distro.

It should have all the drivers you need - not a guarantee. But it will loose the software interface that would most likely be of a benefit depending on your clients disability.

Cheers

Peterm