Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My website has been cloned without authorization. What can I do?

• Please log in to reply

RI0T13

RI0T13

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the following problem:

I operate an online service and about 2 months ago a Copy Cat clone appeared under a strange domain unknown to me. My portal is simply mirrored/redirected to another domain entirely and live without my permission of course. This foreign domain was massively pushed up with SEO techniques so that the copy cat-domain now has better ratings and a higher trust score than my original. I have reported the site several times to Google and their domain provider but since 4 weeks nobody does anything! I have blocked the IP address of the scammer several times but
as soon as I do that he just changes it immediately...
What can I do about this and what measures can I take to protect my business from this in the future?

I appreciate any input I can get!

Thank you very much in advance!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

I have found some information linked below, you may have already seen it.

Website Security Tips for Cloned Sites (sovrn.com)

RI0T13

RI0T13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you so much! Unfortunately I knew that already... Non of this will solve my problem in the short-term exapt changing the frontend technology with new design but I am not willing to let them win so easy and rebuild my whole portal... There must be another solution hopefully. But I highly appreciate your support. Thanks!

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

That just totally stinks I don't know how to put any other way, oh yes, I do but the words are forbidden here!