Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please, I need serious help with new laptop, INSANELY slow, big virus?

help laptop virus event viewer event 63 provider warning

• Please log in to reply

muscaria

muscaria

• Pip
  • 1 posts

So I got my new gaming laptop in august last year. It was amazing at first, super fast, great FPS, best performing laptop i'd ever had. all of a sudden it just went terrible in November/december and has been getting worse. TERRIBLE fps in games (went from 200 on high graphics to 30 on lowest graphics if i'm lucky), cpu/gpu, etc running at 100% for no reason, insanely laggy, screen flickering (would be on but screen would just go black), usb headphones constantly disconnecting themselves, not having administrative permissions on things even tho im the only user/admin, windows defender turning itself off(?), wifi constantly turning itself off on my laptop only, noone elses or any phones, and just loads of problems. My friends who are quite tech savvy have tried to help me fix it lots but nothing has helped. I somehow today just stumbled upon 'event viewer' and starting from the 6th of november 2021, there have been 11,412 warning events which seem REALLY dodgy and weird and I assume this is why my laptop has been performing terribly. I had bullguard and did scans on that though and found nothing, same with malware bytes and same with windows built in anti virus software. Please please help! I will attach a saved log of the events.

Edited by muscaria, 29 March 2022 - 08:16 AM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Multiple replies are expected.  Post your logs as soon as you get them.

• Get FRST from http://www.bleepingc...very-scan-tool/You need to download the appropriate tool for your PC.  If you don't know if you have a 32 or 64 bit system get them both.  Only one will work and that's the right one.
  • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. 
  • Check the Addition.txt box
  • Press Scan button. 
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.  
  • Please copy and paste log back here. 
  • It will generate another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply. 
  •  
    Smart Screen, Windows Defender and Avast have all been blocking FRST recently.  It's a false positive so pause your antivirus when downloading or running FRST.  If you get a message saying Smart Screen has blocked it you can click on More Info and you will see an option to Run Anyway.

Get Process Explorer

Save it to your desktop then run it (Vista or Win7+ - right click and Run As Administrator).  
    View and check Show Processes From All Users 

View, Select Column, check Verified Signer, OK
    Options, Verify Image Signatures

Click twice on the CPU column header  to sort things by CPU usage with the big hitters at the top.  

Wait a full minute then:

File, Save As, Save.  Note the file name.   Open the file  on your desktop and copy and paste the text to a reply.

Copy the next 2 lines:

TASKLIST /SVC  > \junk.txt
    notepad \junk.txt

Open an Elevated Command Prompt:
    Win 7: Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator

Right click and Paste (or Edit then Paste) and the copied lines should appear.
    Hit Enter if notepad does not open.  Copy and paste the text from notepad into a reply. 

Get the free version of Speccy:

(Look in the upper right for the Download
    Latest Version button  - Do NOT press the large Start Download button on the upper left!)  
    Download, Save and Install it.  Tell it you do not need CCLEANER.    Run Speccy.  When it finishes (the little icon in the bottom left will stop moving), 
    File, Save as Text File,  (to your desktop) note the name it gives. OK.  Open the file in notepad and delete the line that gives the serial number of your Operating System.  
    (It will be near the top,  10-20  lines down.) Save the file.  Attach the file to your next post.  Attaching the log is the best option as it is too big for the forum.  Attaching is a multi step process.

First click on More Reply Options
    Then scroll down to where you see
    Choose File and click on it.  Point it at the file and hit Open.
    Now click on Attach this file.

Latency Monitor:

Go to

Scroll down to

System Monitoring Tools

and then find

LatencyMon 7.0 (or it may be a higher number if they update)

Click on Download free home edition

Save it then right click and Run As Admin.  It will install and then start the program.  
    It will tell you to click on the Start button but there isn't one.  
    Instead click on the green arrowhead (looks like a Play button).   Let it run for at least 20 seconds.  Then hit the red box to stop it. 

Edit, Copy Report text to Clipboard then move to a REPLY and Ctrl + v to paste the text into a reply.  

Click on the Drivers Tab.  Click on the column header for "Total execution (ms)" once or twice until the biggest numbers are at the top of the column then take a screen shot (save as type jpg) and attach it.  
    Click on the Processes tab then click on the  "Hard Pagefaults" column header once or twice until the big numbers are at the top of the column.  Take a screen shot (save as type jpg) and attach it.