Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Post Beeps

Best Answer zep516 , 12 August 2022 - 02:36 PM

Who is the BIOS manufacture?  Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Frydog59

Frydog59

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm getting two quick beeps that repeat every couple of seconds about four times before my computer starts. It then runs normally. I am seeing that this might be a memory issue but once my computer boots up the memory is detected and seems fine. I ran Memtest on it and got no errors. Any ideas?

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
✓  Best Answer

Who is the BIOS manufacture? 

Frydog59

Frydog59

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It seems, that I might be an idiot. They didn't sound entirely like post beeps and I shouldn't have labeled the post as such. They were actually coming from an old Seagate HDD. Apparently it failed and I didn't notice because it was just there as backup storage. It was making that noise every time I started. I don't know if it was generating a noise as a warning, or if it was just a noise it was making internally. I had to take the side off my computer and stick my head in there to realize it wasn't coming from the onboard speaker. Also realized at that time that the noise stopped as soon as the HDD led started blinking.