Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Facebook Report User Button Scam - Virus? Malware?

• Please log in to reply

meganc

meganc

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

I got a few emails saying that someone tried to login to my Facebook account. The email source information said it was from [email protected], so I googled to verify legitimacy, which it is in fact a valid email from Facebook (I had no idea until now that even email addresses can be spoofed). I opened the email and there was a button to Report the user, so I clicked it. It then opened a draft email to send back to [email protected]. It is even in my sent box. So all it seems I have done is sent an emailbut I have no idea if thats really all that happened! I have since gotten a lot more spam emails, which is why now Im wondering if I fell for some sort of trap. Does anyone know about this scam and what it does? I assume something is going on behind the scenes now? I never inputted any information or went to a website or (that I know of) downloaded anything. I just clicked the button that took me to send an email.

I have a laptop with Windows that I have scanned with the built in program as well downloaded the free malwarebytes program and nothing came up. I also have an apple iphone and Im not sure how to scan it for any viruses or malware? Thank-you

Advertisements