Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinAmp losing the ability to open.

• Please log in to reply

Basty

Basty

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

After using WinAmp successfully for a long time, yesterday it would not launch. I tried many things, including uninstalling and re-installing, and
eventually it worked (well) again. But today, it once more refuses to launch. What could be happening ?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

May be an incompatibility with something else that you have running. Try performing a Clean Boot. If WinAmp is working fine now you can keep it this way or, you can add one Startup item and/or Service at a time until the problem crops up again. When it does you will have found your culprit.

Basty

Basty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Having tried many things in vain, I turned to avoiding rather than solving the problem. Since I make a clone every week, I still had clones going back 3 weeks. Only the earliest of them had WinAmp working. I have made that my 'system', and so no longer 'need' a solution. It would be valuable to know what caused the malfunction - for future reference - however I am not optimistic about discovering that, and now  no longer have a 'clone' where WinAmp fails to launch.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Great to hear! I also make a Macrium Reflect Backup every weekend. It runs while I'm actively using the computer.