Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Edge Chromium forgets region and language

Best Answer tjmcs , 17 November 2022 - 05:18 PM

The problem seems to have resolved itself. Now when I open Edge, I do not have to confirm my language.  Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

tjmcs

tjmcs

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Greetings,

Since about Wednesday, every time I open Edge Chromium on a Win7 computer, I get a pop-up asking if the region and language is correct. The pop-up looks like it is coming from "Settings", the pop-up is below the gear icon with a page tab pointing towards the icon. If I "x" out of it or click "save", the pop-up disappears, only to return the next time I open Edge.

I am also getting a pop-up from Bing asking if my browser is correct.

I run Ccleaner to clear my internet footprints every time I get off the web and Super anti-spyware to search for infections. Once a week I run Malwarebytes. All that says my system is clean.

Any ideas?

tjmcs

Advertisements

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
✓  Best Answer

The problem seems to have resolved itself. Now when I open Edge, I do not have to confirm my language.