Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having trouble uploading video file

• Please log in to reply

6stringer

6stringer

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Hello everyone,

I am trying to upload a 337mb video to our church website. I have been doing this for a year and a half with no problems. Now, for reasons unknown, when I attempt the upload, the process stops between 2-5 seconds.

What I have tried so far:

System Restore back to Nov. 30. The last videos were uploaded on 11/27/22. This did not work.

Contacted web host support who confirmed that hundreds of others successfully uploaded their videos on Sunday and Monday. 

Cleared cache and cookies from Edge browser. This did not work.

Installed Duck Duck Go and tried to upload using different browser. This also did not work.

Disabled firewall and tried to upload video. This did not work.

Again, as far as I know nothing has changed on my computer as I am the only one that has access to it.

I could really use some help to understand what has happened since 11/27/22 when I uploaded the last videos.

Thanks

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello 6stringer,

Looks like you may have covered all the bases here, difficult to troubleshoot problem withot seeing eactly how your doing this,

Best I could do is offer perhaps a different aproach to the issue. See below:
Church Websites - How to Add Video to Your Church Website

6stringer

6stringer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Thank you for that. Unfortunately, the web site is set up such that the video must be uploaded. When I do that, it loads only briefly before stopping. Sorry, I cannot seem to get my pics loaded in this post. What has me puzzled is I've done this about 200 times with no issues whatsoever!

6stringer

6stringer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Attached are pics of the host website where I am trying to upload the video.

Attached Thumbnails

• web page 1.jpg
  • web page 2.jpg

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Is there any way to try a video from a different source/location?

Also, you could try safemode with networling and try uploading that way.

to see it that works. Shot in the dark.....

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows - Microsoft Support

6stringer

6stringer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I was able to upload the video on my old Lenovo laptop. Good to know I have a plan B. I still need to figure out whats happened on my primary machine. Thanks for your input zep516.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Try safemode with networking when you get time...........Wonder what the last windows updates were? And if that could present an issue.....

6stringer

6stringer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

I tried Safe Mode with Networking but couldn't connect to the web that way.

I'm still searching for a solution to this. I'd hate to have to resort to upgrading to Windows 11 just to fix this!

6stringer

6stringer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I downloaded a small MP4 file (3mb) to my desktop. I then tried to upload it to the web host, and it went through with no issues. So, I tried to upload my video (272mb) again and it failed within 3 seconds. Examining both video properties reveals no differences! This makes no sense. Again, I have had no issues uploading files up to 500mb until recently.

6stringer

6stringer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Upon further review, I reset this computer (keeping my files) and it still will not upload my video files. At this point I'm either going to upgrade to Win 11 in hopes that will fix this or learn to live with having to use another pc to upload the videos.

Edited by 6stringer, 21 December 2022 - 04:57 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Sorry to hear this. I have no more ideas either.  How frustrating !