Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Connect to Network Devices

- - - - -

Best Answer ExoSuitUno , 30 December 2022 - 01:34 PM

Alright, I figured out what was going on. There was a setting making my PC not show up on a network which I forgot I enabled. Thank you all for the help regardless, and happy new year! Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

ExoSuitUno

ExoSuitUno

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

I'm trying to connect to my printer which I have confirmed three times now that it is connected to the network, and I'm also trying to use Daemon Tools Catch to transfer files to and from my phone. For some reason I'm not seeing any of my devices on my network even though I have my network set to private. I think I have done something to my firewall and have screwed it up. I was trying to limit how much data is sent to Microsoft and other 3rd parties, but I think I have royally screwed it up. Thank you for any help, and Merry Christmas!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Hello ExoSuitUno,

You could try a system restore to a time before you started making changes and see if that at least puts your computer back to where it was before you started making changes.

ExoSuitUno

ExoSuitUno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hello ExoSuitUno,

You could try a system restore to a time before you started making changes and see if that at least puts your computer back to where it was before you started making chang

Is there a way to reset the firewall settings to default before I do that? It's been a while, and there are many preferences to other parts of my system that I've set that I don't want to undo.

Edited by ExoSuitUno, 25 December 2022 - 05:18 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Hello,

See link below for setting windows 10 firewall to default.

5 Ways to Reset Firewall Settings to Default in Windows 10 | Password Recovery (top-password.com)

ExoSuitUno

ExoSuitUno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hello,

See link below for setting windows 10 firewall to default.

5 Ways to Reset Firewall Settings to Default in Windows 10 | Password Recovery (top-password.com)

Sorry for the delayed reply. I tried resetting the firewall, and nothing changed even after I restarted my PC. I have my network set to private so I should be seeing everything. I still can't see my printer or any other network attached devices.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

Do you have access to another computer on the same network

ExoSuitUno

ExoSuitUno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Do you have access to another computer on the same network

Yes, and other devices. All of which can communicate with the printer, and I'm sure each other as well.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

on the one that works and the one that does not

Open the cmd prompt and either type or copy and paste

What is in Blue. What is in Red is what you do e.gEnter (Press the Enter key)

Either type or copy and paste what is in Blue. What is in Red is what you do e.g Enter (Press the Enter key)

ipconfig /all >"%userprofile%\desktop\ipconfig.txt" Enter

This should put a text file on your desktop. Please attach the file in your reply.

The information this gives cannot be used to hack your computer.

It is only the internal network address

Please attach both

ExoSuitUno

ExoSuitUno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

This is from the "broken" one.

I have redacted some things. If you need a specific item, please let me know which one. I will have to post the other working one tomorrow.

Attached Files

Edited by ExoSuitUno, 29 December 2022 - 02:24 AM.

ExoSuitUno

ExoSuitUno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
✓  Best Answer

Alright, I figured out what was going on. There was a setting making my PC not show up on a network which I forgot I enabled. Thank you all for the help regardless, and happy new year!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the follow up  :thumbsup: