Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dark Rock Pro 4 and Corsair Dominator RAM question

• Please log in to reply

heartgrave

heartgrave

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Hey

Bought the items in the title. Was curious if anyone knows if there is a clearance issue between the top of the ram and bottom of the cpu cooler? The ram sticks seem quite tall.

Edit: waiting on the cooler to arrive. I didn't think of it when I bought it. PCPartpicker is not sure.

Edit 2 with answer: So, I have the same cooler already in my current PC, but due to it being on the older side, it did not come with the LGA 1700 socket bracket. I decided to upgrade and rebuild, case and all, with new, up to date parts, and got an LGA 1700 socket CPU. Since I already knew the cooler was great, I purchased it again because they updated the packaging to have the new bracket. Anyways, I just took it out of my old pc and put it onto the new motherboard(I just set it on the protective cpu cap), and put in 1 of the ram sticks and it fits, to an extent. What I mean is, I need to either raise the front fan that sits over the ram, pushing air into the heatsink, or I need to spin it so it sucks the hot air out of the heatsink and blowing to the back of the case instead of it blowing air onto the heatsink. The fan in the middle of the 2 heatsinks can remain as is. See badly drawn images to hopefully get a better understanding.

Attached Thumbnails

• Current cpu.png
  • New cpu.png

Edited by heartgrave, 02 March 2023 - 07:05 PM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Since heat rises, do it like this: https://www.bequiet....idebequiet/3357

heartgrave

heartgrave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
Hi thanks for your reply. The link you gave talks about raising the front fan for the dark rock 4. Even though I have dark rock pro 4, I did the same thing and was able to fit it in!

Attached Thumbnails

• A2DD73A9-CC1B-4320-8618-45E008E9B580.jpeg
  • C026EAC9-6605-47CC-BBD6-096B4FDC4425.jpeg
  • 96D9F050-3E06-45FC-9C4C-641520C644F4.jpeg
  • 690E2E62-A51D-4518-9483-3DDC376EBAF2.jpeg
  • 1C3CA614-97A3-4C49-843B-70F421E94EEA.jpeg

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

:spoton: